Ads Top

7 Signs Of Mold Illness (And How To Tell If You’re At Risk)

Have mold? You're not alone.
Most homes have mold spores in them, and when you add a little moisture, you've got a recipe for mold growth. The good news is that it's usually not a problem; most molds don't cause serious health issues.
With that said, some molds can be dangerous, so it's important to know the medical symptoms associated with mold illness. Here's what to know.
1. Headaches and Light Sensitivity
If you're more sensitive to sudden differences in light and you're frequently getting headaches, you've got some of the first signs of mold illness.
As you might have noticed, however, these are common symptoms for a variety of other conditions. You may be able to attribute your headaches to mold if they tend to occur after you've been in a certain part of your house, or if they seem to get worse over time.
2. Memory Problems
Mold sickness often causes feelings of "fuzziness" or "blurriness," which can affect your short-term memory.
3. Fatigue and Muscle Weakness
These are some of the more advanced symptoms, and should be considered seriously. If you're frequently fatigued, you should always visit your physician -- even if you don't have mold sickness, you may have another medically significant condition.
4. Numbness
You might also feel tingling sensations. These symptoms are often accompanied by a metallic taste that seems to stick your mouth.
5. Tremors and Vertigo
It should go without saying that these are serious issues! Involuntary muscle movements or feelings of vertigo require immediate medical assessment.
6. Respiratory Symptoms
These may include "air hunger," where the sufferer feels like he's getting a lack of oxygen. Asthma attacks, shortness of breath, and frequent coughing can also qualify.
7. Frequent Thirst
This is often accompanied by frequent urination and/or extreme sweating.
So, what do you do if you've got these symptoms? Well, first of all...
See your physician right away.
It's difficult to diagnose mold illness, so get a medical assessment as quickly as possible. In the meantime, avoid using your basement, attic, or any damp areas where mold might grow.
Next, get a mold removal assessment.
While this is an expensive process, it's well worth the money; after all, nothing's more important than good health.
You can spot treat small amounts of mold with a 50/50 bleach-water dilution, but severe mold issues always require professional treatment. 
Powered by Blogger.